India-Myanmar-Thailand Friendship Motor Car Rally Highlights IMT Connectivity
2 December 2016
The India-Myanmar-Thailand Friendship Motor Car Rally, which left from New Delhi, India, on 13 November 2016, passing through Myanmar, and culminating in Bangkok, Thailand, on 2 December 2016, has highlighted potential benefits of intra-regional connectivity and integration. With a tri-nation contingent comprising around 20 cars and 80 participants, the rally ran a distance of 5,722 kilometers, and underscored the cultural and economic ties among the three countries.
The car rally was held to create awareness of improved road connectivity between South and Southeast Asia via India, Myanmar, and Thailand, and sensitized stakeholders on the all-weather road that will make travel from New Delhi to Bangkok by road possible.
Several ceremonial flag-offs for the rally were held in cities and state capitals en route, including New Delhi, Sarnath, Bodhgaya, Patna, Siliguri, Guwahati, Shillong, Kohima, and Imphal in India, Bagan and Yangoon in Myanmar, and Bangkok in Thailand.
- India, Myanmar and Thailand Friendship Motor Car Rally, 2016 Flagged-off
- Press Release: India-Myanmar-Thailand Friendship Car Rally
- India Myanmar Thailand friendship motor rally culminates
- India, Myanmar, Thailand Friendship Motor Rally 2016
- Akhilesh Yadav flags off India-Myanmar-Thailand friendship car rally
- Manipur CM Okram Ibobi Singh flags off friendship car rally
- In Pictures: Friendship Motor Car Rally