Bangladesh to Roll Out First Phase of National Single Window Services in Early 2024
18 December 2023
The National Board of Revenue (NBR) of the Government of Bangladesh is set to open National Single Window (NSW) services to expedite export-import trade. NBR plans to roll out the Users Acceptance Test of select certificate-licensing and permit-issuing agencies for NSW in January 2024. The services include
- The Directorate General of Drug Administration (DGDA)
- Bangladesh Standards Testing Institution (BSTI)
- Office of Chief Controller Export and Import
- Plant Quarantine Authority
- Bangladesh Investment Development Authority (BIDA)
- Bangladesh Export Processing Zones Authority (BEPZA)
- Bangladesh Economic Zones Authority (BEZA)
The NSW project aims to bring all certificate-licensing and permit-issuing agencies under NSW in phases to speed up the export-import clearance from seaports. The UAT will identify challenges in the roll out.
Webb Fontaine is developing the module that will support the NSW and boost Bangladesh’s trade facilitation. The agreement between Webb Fontaine and Bangladesh was signed on 21 June 2023. The World Bank is providing the project with funding support.